Dr. Victoria Atkinson is a senior Medical Oncologist who currently practices at Greenslopes Private Hospital (2011-ongoing) and the Princess Alexandra Hospital (2007-ongoing).
Her undergraduate training was undertaken at the University of Queensland and she completed her Fellowship with the Royal Australian College Of Physicians in Medical Oncology in 2006.
She is a Clinical Associate Professor with the University of Queensland (2016-ongoing).
Her tumour interest include melanoma, and upper gastro-intestinal malignancies.
She has participated in practice changing systemic melanoma clinical trials as a principal investigator and is an author on pivotal publications in the field.
She is on the Executive Board of Melanoma Patients Australia and European Society Of Medical Oncology Faculty Member in Tumour Immunology and Immunotherapy.
She is a current member of the Metro South Ethics Committee (2019-2021).
Clinical trials Associate Professor Atkinson has been involved as a principal or associate investigator:
Clinical Trials open for eligible patient recruitment:
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency: Specialist and General Registration APHRA Number MED0001405029
- Medical Oncology Group of Australia (MOGA) member
- American Society Clinical Oncology Member
- Medical Indemnity Protection Society Q100643
- COGNO (Co-operative Trials Group for Neuro-Oncology)
- AGITG (Australian Gastrointestinal Trials Group)
- ANZBCTG (Australia and New Zealand Breast Cancer Trials Group)
- Australian Association of Consultant Physicians
- Society of Melanoma Research
- European Society Medical Oncology member
- Associate Professor- University of Queensland